Monday, December 15, 2008

The Pink Slip

I had to fire someone today.
Its weird because I didnt get any of the warm fuzzies in my stomach. But I also dont feel bad about it...unless the warm fuzzies and feeling bad are the same thing. It had to be done. Simple.


And...I also had to check check check my fb.
I mean, I think it has grown to be too many people that I dont really interact with that pretty much know when Im pooing....so...Shrink.

Interestingly enough, I found a stalker!!!! She had friended many of my friends (whom I am always conversing w/ joking with etc) and can guestimate most of my musings. AHK>....I have to reign in that a bit. But yea, she knows many of my people (more than 3) from the many countries I travel too yet she herself has not left her home country...sooooo she is going into my friends list and hitting add.

Not cool. Get your own cool friends.

Have you ever had a stalker IRL or on FB or Myspace or wherever? Whats the best way to get rid of them?

4 comments:

OhMyHeart said...

AH! FB de-friending used to REALLY offend me. Especially if it was someone I actually knew. But then I read an article (mashable maybe?) about how social networks make the natural progression of gaining new friends and gently dropping off old ones much more difficult.

So it can be healthy and good to clean out past friends. Especially non-real ones. Good luck!

Frenchie said...

I've had a few.This new mini-feed makes it even easier for them to know what you involved in. Defriend her.

Anonymous said...

Facebook is getting to be so creepy.

OhMyLaughter said...

Last weekend I realized that a guy I think is awesome is kind of Facebook stalking me. He asked me in conversation how an event in my life went...that never happened.

At first I didn't put two and two together that he saw a comment someone else made on my Facebook wall and assumed it was true. He almost got away with it until I decided to go through and delete status updates. I reread the comment that had confused him. SO EXCITING! Even if he's not writing on my wall, he's still looking at it ;-)

This is a rare instance where I actually am excited to learn this guy is stalking me because I know him really well. We just don't really communicate on FB.

Maybe just limit what people like this girl can see? Or defriend her(them?). Facebook is soo superficial in the grand scheme of things it probably doesn't really matter.