Monday, December 8, 2008

My boyfriend told me he thought I was made for you

A few key things happened over the weekend which call for jumping and for joy, in that order maybe...

The letter inviting me to an interview FINALLY arrived. I mean, yes. Can you say pins and needles. Wooo hoo. This is the third out of four steps to get into this position, so having passed the first two, Im stoked. This is the hardest step, and the fourth is a breeze. But yes, wish me luck.

A letter arrived from her last night as well. She told me things that made me want to go back to where we were, but then I remembered how hard she pushed me away when we were there before. Its nice to be in a familiar place, but that place was wrought with turmoil...we love each other. But at the same time. How do we make it hurt less? Is that even intuitive?

A different letter arrived via (fb). It was from the only girl I asked to marry me. Yes, it was one of those things I blurt out from time to time. Such as 'can you grab me a coffee? Does it include taxes? Will you marry me...wtf??? ANYWAY
So she sends me a message indicating that she would like to know when I plan on traveling to that side of the world, and that...she "misses me". I have been told to be weary of these.
And I read into it..."Now that the holidays are upon us, and my sister and her bf are mushy gushy and having a good time. I feel lonely and you really were one of the only guys who didnt treat me like an asshole, and somehow I miss that...soooo would you like to fall into our old ways for the holiday season, and then well see what happens come valentines day...where even though we are both happy, I will always have my eye out for the next shiny new pursuit"... yeah, um- I think not. But, you can join me for tea or something.

A fourth letter arrived this morning from my friend who is 'dating' a married man, you know, the guy with 3 kids and a wife...
She said, and I quote "My boyfriend told me he thought I was made for you."
W T F??!!!?? REALLY?
How could she still call him her BF? I think when some foolishness like this is said, shouldn't it be the end of the relationship? I mean COME ON MAN. But then again, I need to nip this in the bud, there will be no US. There is YOU. And there is ME. Not a "you and me". Sorry. But I can not see myself with you in that way.

Yes, its great to receive mail. But can I please win the lottery?

No comments: