Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Shot

Last year summer time before coming to the war zone a friend of mine was taking me to a family Bar B Que in S.W. D.C. Even though I lived in DC for a couple of months up to that point, I had never been to that side of town. Not that there is anything wrong with it, but if the train wasnt going there-neither was I.

On the way to the park there was a man in the street face down with blood running from his head. There was another man who was kneeling over him shouting for people to help him. Everyone seemed to be turning their heads. As the car continued to drive and my neck continued to look and as my fingers began to dial 911 and my shock turned into concern to let the proper authorities know what was happening, my friends told me not to worry, "Someone has already called".
How do you know?
Why wont they stop and let me see if I can help this person? Bad neighborhood or not, his fault or not, does he not deserve the same attention as if he were walking down M street?

Its sad. And no one got shot today that I know of. But there was a few explosions and bombs a few days ago. Not cool man, not cool.

1 comment:

OhMyHeart said...

:( Beautifully illustrated. Thank you for this.