Monday, November 24, 2008

Blast from the past


Facebook continues to link me up with these old heads.

A little while ago I get friended by the little sister of a girl I used to 'date' (really we held hands once) in the 7th or 8th grade.

The little sister asked if I was still interested in getting her older sisters contact information. I had inquired of the whereabouts of several of my old chums on the schools fb group.

I thought about it for a second....then made a mad dash to the pic folder with her sisters name on it and greedily looked through it....only to see that it was the wedding folder. And shes married.

But, also more than that...shes cheeks!!! Not fat, just chubby cheeks!!!! Awww.....

and the guy, well he looks like a tool, but I do recognize that i am hating. And it was a cute Indian wedding.

SO EVERYONE is getting married now. What am I waiting for? Oh, yea....a wife type figure. and the search continues. Actually. The search doesnt continue. Im done doing years of convincing to get it through to these women that im a good if not GREAT catch. No, im going to leave it all and start REALLY living.

Im 25, well traveled, open to trying different things, have enough saved to NOT work for a year or two and still live the high life, and I have a degree. What whaaat. Its ON!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your definition of "trying to be convincing" is very different from a typical female's definition of "trying to be convincing." But I think you already know that.

OhMyLaughter said...

Just because many of our friends are getting married does not mean that they will have a life time of happiness.

I think it's important to have some time to discover yourself and realize a few dreams. (Which you are doing.) Facebook is just a conveniently awkward reminder of those from our past with different "life plans."