Sunday, November 2, 2008

Expensive cheap hotels.

Expensive cheap hotels.

I get to my hotel at 8am and am tired and grumpy and a lil hungover.
To top it, there was a chill in Cairo and a heat in sharm, so I was
overdressed and hot. Now. I'm at the hotel hungry and the room
wouldn't be ready for another 30-40 minutes. The super quick feint
desk guy is like you can go sit over there until the room is ready,
but I suggest that I sit in the restaurant and have breakfast while I
wait. This being Egypt and them not knowing or understandin the
concept of concessions that was a total no go. Since I had a few mind
to kill and a grumpy mood to stoke I asked him who could give me a
better answer than no. He said the manager. I asked him to be called.
Then I asked the same guy where was his nametag and why wasn't it on.
I think that this really caugh him by surprise and I even surprised
myself with that level of being an ass.
As the manager comes and attempts to explain that my breakfast
priveledge starts tomorrow morning. I look him square in the eye and
say "so your telling me , and I want you to be clear, that you , the
hyatt brand, would rather lose me as a customer, because as you can
see I stay at your hotels often hence my platinum status , over some
breakfast? "

He looked at me and said "yes". Wow.
I think if I had not already paid for the room I would have took my
business and left right then and there. I suppose there was also a
lost in translation moment, but that's ok, I'll ensure the reviews I
write in trip advisor, lonely planet, expedia, hotels.com , orbits,
kayak, Thomas cook and others will be in the clearest language ever ....


Sent from my iPod

No comments: