Thursday, November 27, 2008

The Day After...

Or....waking up alone.

Thanksgiving is such a great lazy day. Family and/or friends. Turkey, ham if you swing that way, cranberry sauce, cranberries if you are all fancy, and the feeling of being together.

This year will mark my second Thanksgiving away from my family and close friends. Its really fine because we have an awesome group here with whom Ive become pretty solid but still...

Last night after the game, everyone stayed and started playing a huge game of poker. Which was cool. Except that I dont really play poker anymore. So after looking over a few hands I came back to my room around 7pm and proceeded to do nothing for the rest of the evening.

Pretty freaking sad.

But this morning, it dawned on me.
Im single. Technically I have been single for very good long while now. I want to say a few years now. Maybe even venture to say 3-4?
There have been times when I was literally on the cusp of ending the streak, but those negotiations faltered...
Waking up this morning with just me, my blanket, my five pillows, my morning wood, and my handy dandy book sitting on the nightstand (I should seriously keep that thing in the bathroom since thats the only place it gets read...), made me feel it so much more.
So yea, waking up alone is not where its at. But I suppose thats a sacrifice that goes along with living in such an isolated community in such a remote place around the world.

But then again, I like remote places around the world.

No comments: