Friday, January 23, 2009

Work place romances...kinda....

I would like to start off by saying, that I am NOT in one of those. My rule of thumb for the last few years has been to avoid them like the plague...simply because well, I have seen others take that path and have not been impressed with the results.

So how to avoid one when clearly someone seems NOT to get the point?
Avoid the person.
Great. But when you live on a compound more closely connected than a small college campus, and have multiple opportunities for awkward run ins....then what do you do?
Avoid the person.

I have been successfully using my 'Avoid the person' solution for a few months, and things seem to die down...but last week on the way to a meeting I saw the person and he tried to WAIT...HE?

YEP.
HE.

~~~Now, I am someone who feels that people have the right to do what they will, live how they will, and love how they want. At the same time, I appreciate those same people who understand that not everyone shares in their desire to love the same way or manner that they do. Particularly when it involves men showing interest in me. While I am flattered and all, and can understand how my charisma or clothing coordination (i work some pink in) can give you the gall to make a move. But my ducking and dodging and looks of NO!-ness should give you the hint that I am not interested.
Im already so picky when it comes to women, but come one Sam, "YOU SHALL NOT PASS" (if you name the source of the quote you get a cool post card from one of my trips)~~~~

He tries to corner me to chat or whatever, but I am not having it, plus im late for a meeting ...but now he knows that I am here.

I get a text this morning asking me to call him...no.
A few hours later I reply by text saying that Im super busy w/ deadlines and such and that I have no time.
The response is to call when the deadlines die.
I must say, if this is how it feels when women have to constantly fend off the advances of us guys. WOW. You girls have tough skin. Now im taking to camping out in my room, not answering the door, and turning off my phone after work... UGH.

I am so ready to move on.

A few major turning points in my life since the change of the new year. Some include gaining/regaining friends, some include losing amazing friends.
So 09 started off great in some regards and not so great in others. I have finally decided to stop being a wuss and move back to America for a little while. Whether its DC, ATL, NY, Cairo, Beirut, or even Istanbul..I have not decided, but I feel like when spring comes around, it will be high time for me to peace out.

How do you deal with office advances that just wont go away?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That boy fruity!!!

Damn homey. You have to alter your life because of this gay dude? Why not just tell the man "no homo"?

Now, if he responds to that rejection with a "I just don't know how to quit you!" then you need to bring out the big guns. This is what you do. Tell him that while you prefer women, you could swing the other way if [insert some implausible demand]. I tried it once with a similar problem. Told the dude I only go with gay dudes with a 12" goose or more..... He called my bluff and I paid the price for it. That backfired. Nevermind. No homo.

Unknown said...

Uh wow... I think you're going to have to be direct and tell him straight up (no pun intended) that you're not gay and that you are not interested in him at all. Avoiding him is probably not going to help him get the point. He might just think you're playing hard to get. Which might make him want you even more. hahahaah

NOW you know what we females have to go through!!