Monday, January 19, 2009

Its 9:30 AM...why do I smell like chlorine???

Because I went SWIMMING this morning!


(image courtesy of whynottri who might have got it from elsewhere..but thats not my biz)



If you have gleaned anything from my not mentioning it, I have become a bit of a gym rat. I enjoy working out, or really...I enjoy looking at myself post workout (both the same)...anyway. "The One Who Came Back" (I'm going to have to work on nicknames), convinced me to participate in a triathlon. Not just any triathlon, but one with her. Like we would be doing it together- Enough of a reason to work break my back for 6 months getting enough stamina to not only compete in one of these, but finish in a relatively good enough position to NOT look like a wuss!


OK, so the training regime that I am on is different than the workout routine that I have been on since October/November. This time, it starts of really small (12 min swim/24 min bike), and then increases intensity over the next 4 months.

In my past (3 years ago), my job was teaching people-kids, adults, babies, athletes, Dr's, housewives, househusbands, etc...- on how to swim better...but I HATE swimming. I don't actually mind it, but I do mind initially getting INTO the water. That shock...ugh. It took me 4 mins to just do it. Im like the fat kid in the locker room...take it off already...FAIL.
(Photo from here )




So yes. Here is to a great first day of training for the triathlon. Luckily food here is FREE. So I can eat healthy. Health care is free- So I can see the Dr/Nutritionist/Podiatrist/and Dentist for good measure- over the course of my training routine to ensure that I remain healthy.



AND EVEN MORE AWESOME...we have this thing in the office where we all get Pedometers and are pretending to WALK to some far city....so I am wearing a Pedometer!!! Wooo hooo.








Yeah fitness..wooo hoo!!!!




not really, but you get the point.
On another note:
Today is the day. President ELECT Barack Obama will be sworn in as The President of the United States of America.
If you live under a rock (or in Iraq...same thing), you may not know this...so I am sharing the news. And sharing is Caring.
Good Bye W.

No comments: