Friday, January 23, 2009

Proximity does not guarantee friendship

Why why why do people in the workplace feel that because we sit desks apart that we are automatically considered facebook friends?

Tonight I was at one of the Embassy parties that occur often enough here and I saw a co-worker who sent me a facebook friend invite a few days ago. I had been thinking about how to approach the situation.
Do I
A: Limited profile them?
B: Keep on denying that I really use facebook anyway and that Ill accept when I log in?
C: Reject them and deny deny deny
D: Accept them, keep things PC for a week while they look through my pictures and notes, and then defriend them for a burger?

Ok, so each one has its merits and downsides. A is great because they can not see shit...but other people in the office have full access and someone will feel slighted.
B. they walk by my desk all the time and it is up.
C. sounding so awesome now.
D. Also very awesome but FB has taken the program down.

Hmm....what would you do?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First and foremost, is this facebook friend the same as the gay dude that has the hits for you? Because that would be pretty damn funny.

Otherwise, I would go with the classic okey doke. Let him in at first, and at an undisclosed time, CUT THAT MEAT.

OhMyHeart said...

i'm a deny deny deny-er myself.

As for workplace romance...what if you just outright told him you're interested in women? Or started talking about how you are super in love with some (made up or real) check? Maybe he'll get the picture? Awk...

Mr. Aroundtheworld said...

It really is awk.
But its a different person regarding the fb.

I will keep on deny-ing.
Because he hasnt made an EXPLICIT move, just passive aggressive ones...so like, he could always say. HEY...i was just trying to be friends or something.
NO CUTTING MEAT Abe. dude. lol.