Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Work Place

I try not to let work dictate how I go about doing my one-two step. But sadly, I do not have too many options when it comes to getting away from the people I work with due to the relative compactness of our living situation. I.E. we are VERY confined to the compound.

So the other day when I found out the my new boss/not-boss was interfering with my carefully laid plans to get additional training back in the States which would also allow me to take a VERY crucial career changing exam, and also attend a wedding of one of my close friends....lets say that I was not very happy.

But cooler heads prevailed and I did not tender my resignation and will be able to go back after all, but Ill be buying the international travel portion of the trip (whats $1500 in airfare?). Bleh, its whatever, but you know...Id much rather have not had to pay for it on my own, but like I said it is career changing.

I get an email from a friend telling me that the same boss is pissed off because I didnt consult her when hiring a new employee. Why the hell did she not come to me, but go around and complain to people in the office about the issue? Who knows, I have the feeling that she is intimidated by me.

O well.
Ill still be looking for that new position, but the pressure isnt all there as yet, I can afford to take it easy a bit and keep this ace in my hole.

So it appears like Ill be back in America in a month. WOOOO HOOO!!!

2 comments:

OhMyLaughter said...

I use the "Intimidated By Me" reasoning a lot when someone's a jerk.

Whether true or not it always seems to either make light of the situation or make me feel better
;-)

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

glad u thought about it.

hope u don’t mind the drive by, do chk me out one day

rawdawgbuffalo and if u like what u read, maybe u will come back, even Blog Roll Me