Thursday, October 30, 2008

I met another one

I met another one

On my way to the airport I met an interesting character that proves
again... We are all only human.

To catch my plane to cairo I had to leave one airport and head
directly to another. This other airport was far to me. I have no
reference to distance, so I offered a few cabbies what I thought was a
fair price. The first cab agreed but then said he was going to drop me
at a shuttle a few miles away from the airport.... Ummmm no .

The second cab agreed to take me for the price offered, but also
turned on the meter.
We chatted. Laughed. Talked about life. He showed me pics of his kids.
Asked what was wrong with me that I did bit have a family of my own.
We talks economics and aspirations. We even talked about religion. I
mean this guy was grilling the he'll out if me and then some. I was
answering truthfully until he asked me about how much I make a year.
Normallybi am happy to share my compensation amount , but this time it
diane seem right.
A second before the question I as asking him about where he goes on
vacation and he said that he couldn't afford to.

As we get to the airport. I look at the meter. 7jd. My dumb ass had
been making offers of 25jd. I was wonderin if he was going to give me
a break since we basically were family now. But nope. He took the
money like it was not even a thought and bid me along my way.

On all fairness I am the one who offered the amount of roughly 35 for
the ride which actually cost 15. But come on man.... I well this IS
supposed to be the LAVISH trip.


Sent from my iPod

No comments: