Monday, October 20, 2008

Black Planet

Or...BP as its affectionately called by those of us in the know.

A friend of mine was chatting this one girl up and upon asking for her facebook info (why not just get a number), she tells him that she does not have a facebook (nothing wrong with this), but then proceeds to tell him that she does have a black planet account though?
I mean, really??? But who am I to criticize. The fact that she has one means that there is still a few people who havent jumped ship to the more efficient and globally inclusive web2.0, or they are just hardcore exclusive types who want to "keep it real" at all times in all things.
He also mentioned that shes a hippy type, and we all know what these hippie types are like.

BUT I digress.
Once, while out, I too chatted up a girl, and upon the departure, inquired about her number...She gave me a pager number, and then looked at me with unsure eyes as I looked at her with questioning eyes.
Then I spoke.
"Are you a doctor?" I asked with excitedment.
"No....why?" She responded.
"Um...drug-dealer?"
"seriously, do I look like a pusher?" she retorted
"What the hell you giving me a pager number for..no no, WHY do you even HAVE one of these things?"

She yanked the number out of my hand, claimed that her phone was off or some shit, and stalked off. Um...I wonder if that is what getting someones black planet would have been like. The kicker.... shes an Indian girl!!!

hehe, sometimes..you just dont know. But how come BP brings back memories of really really really bad dates?

1 comment:

~J-Skittle~ said...

Yeah. Naw. There's homeless people wit cell phones. You didn't want that chicks number. She a pigeon.