Thursday, May 1, 2008

The Baghdad I have come to call home

I feel like this entire county is nothing but one duck and cover to the next. I really have not enjoyed daylight for the last week for the fear of an impending barrage of missiles. Small tasks like taking a shower or washing clothes require me to summon up all of my courage and walk in determined steps, always looking towards finding the next bunker.
I did not find or know the men that died. But they were both very near on their way to leaving. I grieve for their families.
I also grieve for the comrades that I left and am leaving to enjoy the fruits of my labor. My travel plans are extreme, but people know I am one to always enjoy myself.
I am always on the move, and I am always thinking about the future....I am almost going to be 25.

A quarter of a century.

No comments: